I couldn't help myself but I had to do it. I frogged the poncho and started over. I had made so many mistakes on the poncho and just wasn't happy with it. The neckline was so stretched out. The cables didn't look all that great. One edge of it was curling and I didn't think it was going to look nice and flat even after blocking it.
Now that I have made a few changes to the poncho, it is looking so much better. First thing I did was change the size of the circular needles. I was previously using size 9 but I'm now using size 8. That has made the cable patterns look a little tighter and the overall poncho less stretchy for the yarn that I'm using. Another thing I did was change the edge that was curling. Instead of knit one direction and purl the other direction, I am now knitting the 6 stitches in both directions at that end.
I'm glad that I made these little changes to knitting the poncho. I had considered not starting over on the poncho and make something different with the yarn. After the Froggy Fresh Start, I am so much happier with the way it is turning out so far!